Understanding Tech in Business
Certified by DFI
Technology is transforming traditional business models. Powered by incredible technologies, the digital revolution has radically disrupted the way we interact and relate to each other and redefined how we work.
- Learn foundational knowledge and understand the ever-evolving role of technology in business.
- Learn from industry experts through interviews and case studies
- Actively participate in conversations about technology within your industry.
27 Videos, 5 Expert Interviews & 5 Interactive Activities
Sponsored by DFI
Learn according to your schedule
This courses uses a different methodology to our other DFI courses. It is self-paced.
Online. You have up to 6 weeks to complete this course from your start date
Course fits around your schedule
What this course gives you
This course is designed to give you a broad understanding of technological considerations within an organisation.
Ability to Join the Coversation
You will learn about key concepts and digital competencies relevant to Fintech and be able to participate in conversations about how to leverage tech opportunities within your organisation.
You will discover how technology, as an enabler for businesses and organisations, can be put into practice within your own industry.
Meghan McMeghan McCormick, founder and CEO of Ozé
Ugwem Eneyo, co-founder and CEO of Shyft Power Solutions
David Brown, software engineer from Amazon Web Services
Antonio Piraino, CTO of ScienceLogic
How it works
Understanding Tech in Business is a self-paced course, which gives you the freedom to proceed through the material at your own speed, without needing to keep up with a set schedule or with others on the course.
- Watch lecture videos and interviews with industry experts to hear how technology has influenced the workplace in the real world.
- Read through notes from industry experts.
- Test your knowledge with quizzes and interactive activities.
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
This course is a beginner’s guide to the role of technology in business and will provide great value to you if:
- You’re a ‘non-techie’ who wants to gain an understanding of the technical terms and concepts related to tech within your organisation
- You’re interested in learning how to leverage tech in business, such as using big data or data analytics to better understand your customers
- You understand the basics of technology as it relates to your organisation and want to build your digital understanding
- You need practical information about tech, such as how to design the IT infrastructure for your office
Understanding Tech in Business course schedule
Sponsored by DFI
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS
Consultant, Program Manager
Business Intelligence, Finance Professional
Greater Than BI
Founding Partner GLU Global
Chief Operating Officer
Digital Frontiers Institute
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
A 12-week foundation course on digital money, covering all aspects of digital payments and digital ﬁnancial service. Certified by The Fletcher School, Tufts University.
This 9-week course provides an overview of and introduction to the use of artificial intelligence in a business context and its potential applications and pitfalls.
This 5-week course is a general introduction to the world of cryptocurrency, distributed ledgers and internet-based value exchange systems.
DFI’s mission is to equip a new generation of professionals with the information, skills, and vision they need to guide society towards inclusive digital ﬁnancial solutions. DFI understand that affordability may stand in the way of your progress as a Digital Finance Professional. We strive to source, manage and administer various student funding opportunities to make tuition more affordable for you. for deserving students according to sponsor specific requirements. Our goal is to ensure that no student is left behind and have designed affordable payment terms as well as scholarship funds for eligible students.
Use this information to find the best financial aid that supports your objectives. At any stage please contact us at email@example.com
Option 1: Payment Plans that make your tuition more affordable
Course fees can be made over payments at an agreed date.
Certified Digital Finance Practitioner
- Year 1: $1335/$445 in 3 installments (works out to $112 p.m.)
- Year 2: $1335/$445 in 3 installments
- Year 3: $1335/$445 in 3 installments
Foundation courses include the Certificate in Digital Money, and Leading Digital Money Markets.
- Payment 1: $500
- Payment 2: $500
- Payment 3: $500
Specialization courses included short courses such as Digital Agriculture and Digital Identity.
- Payment 1: $125
- Payment 2: $125
Option 2: Can we help in getting your company to pay or at least contribute to your tuition?
DFI can assist in opening a conversation with your employer to support your tuition. We can cultivate further interest with them to participate on our programs – bringing multiple employees on will result in corporate discounts and thus lower tuition for you.
Request your corporate proposal by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 3: Referral Program
If your colleagues, friends or family join the course we can open a referral seat for you, which is 100% subsidized by Digital Frontiers Institute. This includes assisting us to create impactful corporate alliances.
Eight successful referrals will result in your foundation course being fully subsidized.
Four successful referrals will result in your specialization course being fully subsidized.
Option 4: Scholarships
DFI offers partial scholarships to qualifying candidates. Our scholarship funders favor scholarship candidates that contribute to tuition themselves. Ideally, Students should contribute at least half of the tuition fee, the higher your contribution the more likely you are to be considered. Tuition can also be paid in manageable installments. Please see below criteria for scholarships.
- I am an active member of the digital financial services industry
Scholarships are adjudicated quarterly and are weighted based on the strength of your application. You will be asked to answer the following questions in your application:
- Please provide a brief overview of experience.
- To what extent does your organization contribute to financial inclusion.
- How will your attendance on this course benefit your organization, your initiative, your country?
- Describe your current role and responsibilities.
- Why do you think you should receive financial aid?
- I can contribute $ to my course.
You can apply for a scholarship on the course registration page, where applicable. Not all courses have scholarship programs.